the knitterati

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Yes It's Me Again

So now I have a new camera I will probably update all the time. Sorry about that. Anyway, I did a swap on Knitty with Urraca, and here is what I got:

Two balls of pinky-purple Katia Mexico:



Three balls of grey (with coloured speckles) Phildar Legende (there are only two here because I've started knitting something):



And a Katia magazine. One of the balls of Legende is becoming the green shawl on the front cover (and it's going really fast, and it's really easy, yay)



I did try taking a picture of the shawl I started making but it's quite dark outside so it just looked like a big grey mess. Which I assure you it is not. It's lovely and soft thanks to the 9% alpaca content.

Oh! I got a voucher for the department store that sells yarn, so I got a ball of pinky-purple Rowan Big Wool. I can't believe they put the price up. Also I don't understand why Big Wool is 100% Merino, but Big Wool Fusion is 100% Wool, which I assume to be plain old sheep wool. How can it be part of the same range if it's a different fibre? It's just the same weight, that's all. Silly Rowan. Anyway, I want to carry on knitting now.

2 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger PURLPOWER said...

I also can't believe that 'big has got even bigger' bastardos!

I love it when you post up pics everyday - encore, encore!

 
At 12:48 PM, November 19, 2005, Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

What are you knitting with the Rowan Big?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home